Mullen Elementary School Counseling Vision Statement
Mullen Elementary students will reach their full potential as productive and engaged life-long learners full of insight, compassion, and determination ready to make a positive difference in their community.
School Counseling Mission Statement
The Mullen Elementary School Counseling program is accountable for the academic and social success of all students. We unite to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment which embraces diversity, holds high achievement expectations, and motivates students to life-long learning. This is achieved by offering all students and stake holders a comprehensive school counseling program.
Mullen Elementary Counseling Department Belief Statement
The Mullen Elementary Counseling Department believes:
• All students have dignity and worth
• All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program
• All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program
• All students K-12 shall have access to a full-time, state-certified master’s –degree-level school counselor to deliver the counseling program
And that the Mullen Comprehensive School Counseling Program should:
• Be based on specified goals and developmental student competencies for all students K-12
• Be planned and coordinated by school counseling teams in coordination with other school, parent or guardian and community representatives.
• Utilize the many combined resources of the community to deliver programs
• Use data to drive program development and evaluation
• Be evaluated by a counseling supervisor on specified goals and agreed upon student competencies
• Actively involve counseling team members to monitor students’ results
And that all counselors in the Mullen School will:
• Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
• Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program
To contact your School Counselor, please call 703.330.0427 or send an e-mail to:
Rebecca Cottle-Makhene, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Freybler, email: email@example.com
Note: Ms. Freybler is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.